Reclaimed wood has a very unique character, it’s usually sourced from buildings and structures that have been broken down and removed from the 18th-20th century. It comes from a time where timber was a primary building material and it’s this almost romantic feel that really makes people appreciate it more.
As the world has moved on people have realised resources on this planet are finite and instead of going with modern chipboard and compressed dust furniture from the likes of Ikea that may last 3-5 years, people want stuff that will last a lifetime from a sustainable and eco friendly source. Some people also just like the look of this material, it adds a bit of randomness to most modern rooms that is impossible to recreate otherwise.
What should you look for in a headboard?
Buying a new headboard can change the look and feel of a room without the cost of replacing an entire bed. If you are going to just replace a headboard you have to think about a few different things.
- Will it fit? Buy the right sized headboard. Mattresses and sheets tend to be standard sizes but not all bed frames are.
- How will you fit it? Many headboards attach to the wall behind a bed. While headboards are not load bearing and simply just need to be kept in place make sure the wall is suitable or think about how to attach it to the bed itself.
- Orientation of the wood. If your room is tall you may want wood to go horizontal on your headboard to make the room feel bigger. If you have a low ceiling then you may want to consider vertical paneling.
Reclaimed Wood Headboards
- Assembly of 1 customer-supplied bed per product instructions
- Product should be in the room where it is to be assembled before provider arrives. Moving product after assembly is not included
- Cleanup work area. Take packaging to customer's bins unless customer declines
- Products requiring additional work may result in an updated estimate from provider
- Mid-rise headboard has seven different adjustable height options between 39.5 and 49.5 inches
- A beautiful wooden look available in four natural tones plus white and black brings the outdoors inside to create a calming modern feel that goes well with most décor
- Headboard has all the included hardware to easily attach to any bed base, frame or wall to create a clean, polished look
- Shipped in a box right to your front door, this headboard is super easy to assemble with a quality that will last for years to come
- Everlane Home expertly combines modern techniques with the finest materials to create quality products that bring a finished look to your home
- SOLID WOOD CONSTRUCTION: Premium, select wood is used to manufacture the headboard, making it a lasting piece of furniture.
- FITS FULL OR QUEEN BEDS: The unique design means the same headboard can be used for full or queen-size beds.
- SLEEK AESTHETIC: The simple yet elegant pattern of the wood gives texture to your room without being overbearing.
- TASTEFUL POP OF COLOR OR SERENE SOFTNESS: Choosing the vibrant blue or ebony finish makes this headboard stand out as a focal point in your white or light-colored bedroom, while eggshell white or gloss white contrast well with darker-painted rooms.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: All headboard hardware is included.
- Twin Size: 81.4" L x 41.3" W x 35.5" H; Weight Capacity: 200lbs
- Solid wood bed frame offers sound strength, durability and stability
- Platform bed coming with 10 wood slats does not require a box spring and also fits most Twin-size mattresses. Mattress is not included with this Twin Platform Bed
- Twin bed frame with headboard and footboard matches with any kind of decor and ideal for boy's bedroom, girl's bedroom or any small living spaces.
- Easy to assemble, hardware and instructions are included.
- FARMHOUSE FLAIR: This king panel headboard is a refined take on barn board beauty. Replicated wood grain showcases burnt orange and teal tones for a sense of weatherworn authenticity
- DESIGNER TOUCHES: Love to read in bed? You’re sure to find the pair of retro-chic light sconces and USB plug-ins on the open-slat style headboard such a bright idea. Power cord included; UL Listed
- INDUSTRIAL STYLING: When merged in just the right way, rustic and industrial styles can make one happy marriage. Case in point: the This king panel headboard
- KING PANEL HEADBOARD: King panel headboard measures 80.43” W x 3.74” D x 60.67” H. Headboard only. Mattress, bed frame, and foundation/box spring sold separately
- ASSEMBLY REQUIRED: Bolts are needed to attach headboard to existing bed frame (length depends on bed frame thickness)
- QUEEN HEADBOARD: An inspired choice in modern farmhouse living, this charming queen headboard with crossbuck styling is just what's needed to set the scene for a soothing bedroom retreat
- WELL CRAFTED: Made of engineered wood with two-tone whitewash and rustic gray planked replicated oak wood grain finish with authentic touch
- TRENDY STYLE: Be it for your master bedroom, the kids room or a guest room, this on-trend headboard is full of farmhouse fresh charm
- QUEEN SIZE HEADBOARD ONLY: Fit for a queen or king, this affordably priced designer headboard measures 63.39" W x 2.17" D x 52.91" H; metal bolts are needed to attach headboard to existing bed frames
- ASSEMBLY REQUIRED: Includes simple instructions. Hardware and screwdriver (required for assembly) not included; 2 people recommended; memory foam and innerspring mattresses available, sold separately
- Clean-lined panel design
- Sustainably Sourced Solid Hardwood with Non-Toxic Finish
- Designed to use with metal bedframe
- Durable high build five step finishing
- Mahogany solids and Cherry veneers ( there will be a red tint)
- Bold recessed picture frame moldings and rich carved detailed posts
- Headboard will accommodate most Queen/full bed frames
- Assembly required. Size: 66W 4. 5D 52H
- 【Dimension & Mattress Size】 Bed dimension: 84.3" x 62.4" x 37'' ,mattress size: 60” x 80”
- 【Under-Bed Storage】11” height above the ground provides enough under-bed storage.
- 【Quality Advantage】15 strong steel slats, 8 independent support legs and a squared metal framework provide the 900 lbs capacity.
- 【NOISE-FREE】 We provide the rubber strip pressed the slats to prevent noise. Plastic foot plugs added to the bottom of the bed feet will never scratch your beloved floor.
- 【EASY TO ASSEMBLE】No further tools needed. It only take about 30 mins for an adult to put it together.You just fasten all the screws can put this bed frame together.Upgraded lock design make it more easy to set up the slats and make the bed more fitness
- Timeless and trendy headboard with a Textured Black and Brushed Oak finish
- Features solid wood posts with scrolled metal headboard grills
- Headboard only
- Assembly required
- Overall dimensions: 2. 88D x 77. 63W x 47. 75H
Other Bedroom Products
Replacing just the headboard in a modern bedroom with reclaimed wood may make your bed look out of place, we have a bunch of other reviews on specific reclaimed wood furniture that you may enjoy.
How to make a reclaimed wood headboard?
If you’re looking to make your own reclaimed headboard then I think you’re in the wrong place but the best place to start is acquiring some lumber that is suitable for the task. It needs to be straight, sanded down, not soiled in anything like oil which may destroy your sheets/mattress and be of a suitable size for a headboard.
From then I would make a wooden or metal frame from unused materials and attach the reclaimed stuff to this. It’s not a difficult project and you could probably make it happen with some basic hand tools.
Can I fit a new headboard to my existing bed?
It will depend on the bed you have now, check to see if your bed has a removable headboard or if it can be removed with a saw. From here you can either screw the new headboard to the wall behind your bed or screw it directly to the bed, whatever works best in your situation. Many people also just place the headboard behind the bed and push the bed towards the wall until the headboard stands up straight and that can work too.
Is reclaimed wood eco friendly?
Using wood again instead of sending it to landfill, burning it or even in some cases recycling it is 100% eco friendly. Reusing anything like this is very green and will reduce your carbon footprint on the world. Ultimately when you’re done with your headboard you can send it to be recycled like it would have been anyway with no real addition to the world’s carbon footprint.
Some people will argue that this wood is not truly reclaimed once you start to manufacture “reclaimed” wood in factories for commercial use and I agree, but this is most likely wood they are buying from people who would have just used this for disposable pallets and shipping boxes.
Is reclaimed wood vegan?
Last update on 2020-12-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API